Based on the United Nations Global Pact and the ISO 26000 certification, the committee highlights what CSR implies for a company like ours. Performance indicators have been defined so that an assessment is made and the progress achieved is evaluated.
The priority axes are the following:
- Hygiene and security
- Human resources
- Environmental protection
- Good practices
The organizational charter and code of ethics have been drafted during a seminar by all of the executives and staff representatives. Their diffusion is made by handing out brochures, billposting and through our company newsletter, which presents one value in each edition
- Two Quality Managers: theyshare different areas in order to promote hygiene and safety of staff at work.
- Workplace accident’s monitoring and corrective action proposals: accident or nearly accident reporting framework, with cause analysis and preventive measures proposals.
- Personal protective equipment: verifying the use of this equipment in order to improve staff protection while at work.
- Hygiene committee: representatives’ nomination for all our sites and monitoring of safety indicators.
- Ebola: response measures on Ebola risk.
- Hand washing: reinforcement of awareness-raising campaigns.
- Restoration and adjustment of new sanitary facilities.
- Body hygiene: communication through our company newsletter and posters in the toilets.
- Training: staff global training and specific trainings by profession.
2) Human resources
Respect of the Labor Code and the Framework Collective Agreement: scrupulous consideration of legal and contractual agreements.
Labor relations: monthly meetings with the social partners.
- Medical care for staff : existence of a Medical Social Centre
- Health care mutual for Prosuma employees (MUMAP):contribution depending on salary with third-party payer system.
- Thanks to its good management, the mutual fund is in surplus.
- Social policy: study grants, Christmas tree, assistance in the event of death, collective wedding organization (34 couples during the last session in 2015), fund for social help and social lending.
- Health capital preservation: regular awareness-raising campaigns on subjects like tobacco addiction and high blood pressure.
Fight against HIV-AIDS: the HIV-AIDS committee organizes regular road-shows for voluntary testing and full coverage of positive tested employees and their families.
- Sports committee: sporting activities organization in order to contribute to the good health of the employees and to promote internal cohesion.
- Real-estate project: a committee facilitates access to social housing projects initiated by the Ivorian government.
- Existence of a pool of internal instructors: experimented collaborators who have several skills in their functions insure internal trainings.
- Chief Training Officer: a chief training officer insures the celerity of the individual training records processing.
- Equal opportunities: Career path and skills upgrading: priority resort to internal skills to fill a vacant position.
- Fight against all sorts of discrimination in hiring, wage rates and career development: thanks to AGEPE’s and other consulting room’s support in the recruitment test process, career development tests are made, with the existence of a pay scale that is consistent with job classification.
- A firm response to harassment: General Management and HR office are leading awareness-raising actions on workplace harassment and immediate sanctions are taken on known cases.
- Multiculturalism: drawing into our differences for synergy and creativity, necessary to succeed together.
- Internal bimonthly newsletter and annual “Staff day”: communication spaces for subjects concerning life in the company and its employees.
- Business school bachelor degree: cofounding of this certificate, involving Paris Dauphine teachers, in order to offer a high-quality and internationally-recognized diploma at lower costs.
- Customer satisfaction surveys: to improve our customer support.
- Proximity network: developing of Bonprix, Cash Ivoire and Cash Express trademarks.
- Social business: female entrepreneurship expansion to fight against informal sector, with a high social and societal impact (Miniprix).
4) Environmental protection
- Education: in 2014, raising awareness of 1 726 employees on environmental and sanitation impacts of plastic bags. Main external suppliers were also sensitized.
- Green checkouts: installation across all the Group’s stores.
- Green crafts stands: stands were made available free of charge for the Ministry of Handicrafts in order to promote reusable bags made by female Ivorian artisans.
- Communication: setting up a communication campaign across all sites.
5) Good practices diffusion
- Establishment of a suppliers’ chart: all new suppliers of goods and services have to sign this chart. This allows sensitizing them on CSR. Former suppliers are also approached.
- Involvement in national and international networks for CSR promotion: the Group is a member of the General Confederation of Côte d’Ivoire Companies’ (CGECI) CSR commission, of Afrik’OM CSR network, of the MINESUDD work commission on elaboration of CSR indicators …
- Good practices: 41 good practices received in 2014.
- Stakeholders: CSR, safety at work and food security trainings for our franchisees and other stakeholders.
- Award of Excellence for Employment (2013): attributed by his Excellency the President of Ivory Coast, with distinguishing criterion “innovating recruitment politics, expression of recruitment needs on AGEPE platform and certified employment placement agencies and employment maintenance”.
- Award for best initiative CSR BEL Afrik’OM (2014): award for BEL suppliers’ performance in Sub-Saharan Africa and overseas concerning CSR.
CGECI Prix d’honneur (2014): attributed with the following criterion
Introduction of an important social project dedicated to women from underprivileged backgrounds (Miniprix)
HIV-AIDS prevention and therapeutic support for employees
full coverage of death-related costs for any member of the company
help provided to orphans
different social measures (help and support)